Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a server handled by a website hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a glance at them. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you'd like to own a web page, e-mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by given companies, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly amiss interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between autonomous stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share a large number of pics with chums or acquaintances since the service is mostly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your emails. Some suppliers offer web hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to keep as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for particular web content only.